ACCESS components represent different chemical, physical or biological parts of the Earth System.
Most model components have originated from collaborations with international research groups. These include:
- Met Office (UM atmospheric model)
- NOAA/ Geophysical Fluid Dynamics Laboratory (GFDL) (for the modular ocean model component MOM)
- Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL) (for the CICE sea ice model component)
- Europe’s Centre Européen de Recherche et de Formation Avancée en Calcul Scientifique (CERFACS) (for the atmosphere-ocean-ice OASIS3-MCT coupler)
- United Kingdom Chemistry and Aerosols (UKCA) (for the atmospheric composition components)
- Australian Organisations CSIRO, CLEX, COSIMA (for CABLE, CASA and WOMBAT models, which are developed in Australia)