We seek women and women-identifying Research Software Engineers with knowledge and experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Computational modelling
- Analysing and evaluating large data outputs
- Profiling and optimisation of code
- Software development (including curation and maintenance of code repositories)
- Developing and delivering training materials
Work type: Continuing (Contingent Fun
Classification: ANU Officer 7 – 8 (Information Technology)
Salary package: $92,100 – $110,821 per annum, plus 17% superannuation
Term: Full-time, Continuing (Contingent Funded), until end of 2024, with possibility of extension (multiple positions)
- Flexible working arrangements to encourage a healthy work/life balance, including consideration of part-time roles.
- Exceptional workplace culture with a supportive, diverse and inclusive team.
- Great work location with world-class staff amenities including gyms, swimming pool, childcare centres, etc.
- Excellent remuneration and conditions, including 17% superannuation contributions, annual leave loading and a range of benefits
Location: Canberra / ACT
Applications close: 08 Jan AUS Eastern Daylight Time
This is an exciting opportunity to work at the intersection of earth system models, climate change and high-performance computing to help address major challenges facing society.
The role of Research Software Engineer will have demonstrated experience in working as part of a software development team, attention to detail, flexibility, and ability to prioritise tasks to accomplish both short- and long-term goals. Ability to self-direct and learn new skills as needed matters more than any specific software package, as does an interest and demonstrated aptitude for picking up new things and running with them.
It is essential that you can work with others, contribute to varied projects as needed, and be able to balance ongoing maintenance and support with scoping and delivery of new projects and other longer-term deliverables. The role has a mixture of internal and external stakeholder engagement, with varied technical and non-technical backgrounds.
This advertisement is a broad call for applicants with skills and experience across any of these areas, with up to 5 appointments to be made at levels ANU Officer 7 and ANU Officer 8, dependent on the level of experience of candidates.
If this sounds like you, and you are excited to support innovative research and play an active role in making a difference in the world, then please get in touch to find out more about the position.
*Important note: ACCESS-NRI is committed to embedding diversity and inclusion into the culture of our research disciplines. As a part of initiative to progress towards embedding diversity and inclusion, this position is opened to female and female identifying applicants only. This is an equal employment opportunity measure aiming to increase representation of women in the field of Research Software Engineers for climate, weather and Earth system science. This special measure aims to increase employment opportunities for and representation of women in the workplace where women have been, and continue to be, underrepresented.